The words "cigarette" and "health" are incompatible with each other and the consequences can be the most irreversible and a person at any age should know the dangers of smoking. Nicotine is a powerful toxin that gradually destroys the cells of the bronchopulmonary system and thus the entire body. Therefore, realizing the colossal harm of smoking, it is important to finally get rid of this destructive addiction, to take a series of preventive measures for the final removal of toxic substances.
What is smoking
This bad habit is a global problem of our time, because every year it is rapidly "rejuvenating". The number of men who smoke is constantly growing, and the female body is often characterized by such a deadly addiction. Tobacco smoking is equated with alcohol addiction, as in either case a person can die from life-threatening diseases. In recent years, many people have realized this problem and quit smoking, but the younger generation are still eager to "try everything".
How many harmful substances are in a cigarette
Useful information for heavy smokers to note: a cigarette contains approximately 4, 000 chemical compounds, 40 of which are poisons dangerous to health. These are carbon dioxide, arsenic, nicotine, cyanide, benzapyrene, formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide. After arbitrary inhalation of tobacco smoke (this applies to the health of passive smokers), pathological processes that provoke radioactive substances such as polonium, lead, bismuth also predominate in the body. This chemical composition provides only the harm of tobacco.
What is Harmful Smoking
The chemicals contained in cigarettes can be lethal to humans if they enter the body for a long time. Thousands of people die each year from destructive addiction at a relatively young age, and more are prone to chronic cough, bronchitis, obstructive pulmonary disease and other diseases with unexpected clinical outcomes. Therefore, it is important to promptly treat tobacco addiction and the consequences of its prevalence in a person's life.
The harm of smoking on the human body
During a period of prolonged exposure to nicotine, all internal organs and systems suffer, since in smokers the blood is enriched not with oxygen, but with toxic substances. This pathological condition promotes atherosclerosis, becoming the main cause of most cardiovascular diseases. However, the health problems do not end there, the presence of addictions contributes to a decrease in intellectual abilities and more.
The first step is to note that nicotine can negatively affect the potency of the stronger sex. Men who have been smoking for a long time go to great lengths to deal with erectile dysfunction before age 40. For a full life and an active representative of the stronger sex, this is a tragedy, so you should not bring your own body to the appearance of these pathologies. In addition to heart disease, health problems can include:
- Chronic bronchitis;
- oxygen deficiency of tissues (hypoxia);
- progressive retinal dystrophy;
- decrease in visual acuity, hearing;
- deterioration of the appearance and texture of the skin;
- exacerbation of nervous diseases;
- chronic cough;
- gradual yellowing, destruction of tooth enamel;
- malignant tumor.
These pathologies are partly characteristic of the female body, if the fair sex smokes. Highly concentrated nicotine causes a chronic form of bronchitis, emphysema, does not exclude the presence of diagnosed infertility. Smoking gradually kills, but at first it turns a woman into an invalid. If we talk about diseases of the respiratory tract, nicotine is not limited to such a pathological process. Cigarettes harm the body on a large scale, and here are the clinical pictures that occur:
- nicotine contributes to miscarriage in early pregnancy;
- the presence of a persistent cough of a smoker becomes the norm of everyday life;
- smoking increases the risk of myocardial infarction, stroke of the cerebral vessels;
- negative effects extend to the skin, contribute to its aging;
- there is a change in the timbre of the voice, constantly worried about dry cough;
- smoking can cause lung cancer;
- nicotine can cause deep depression;
- smoking causes mental disorders prone to relapse;
- the vessels of the stomach under the influence of nicotine pathologically narrow, peristalsis is disturbed;
- Cigarettes cause severe damage to the structure of nails, hair, teeth.
For the baby's body
Teenagers also "dabble in cigarettes", not understanding how they could suffer from the negative effects of nicotine in the future. Smoking increases the risk of developing chronic diseases, and the health consequences can be the most irreparable: death from lung cancer at a relatively young age. Drinking alcohol and smoking causes the following pathologies in adolescents:
- a cigarette reduces intellectual abilities, significantly inhibits psychomotor functions;
- the consequences of cigarette smoking for a student are accompanied by a risk of diseases of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems;
- damage from cigarettes becomes the main cause of cancer, the formation of tumors not only in the bronchopulmonary system;
- if a teenager becomes addicted to such a drug, the consequences affect the physical and mental state;
- bad habits disrupt metabolism, increase body weight, contribute to the development of obesity.
Realizing how smoking affects the human body, it is important to know all the existing diagnoses that a smoker can personally face at a young age. Less, but also noticeable harm from hookah smoke. If a person smokes constantly, he must understand that the following chronic diseases with the most unexpected clinical outcome can overwhelm him:
- Chronic bronchitis;
- emphysema of the lung;
- malignant lung tumor;
- vascular atherosclerosis;
- heart attack;
- obliterating endarteritis;
- impotence and frigidity;
- pulmonary thromboembolism;
- congenital deformities of the child;
- extensive pathologies of the digestive system;
- infertility diagnosed;
Smoking is harmful to health and colossal. Nicotine with prolonged exposure causes cell mutation, promotes the formation of malignant neoplasms. The problem is aggravated by the genetic predisposition to such pathologies. Oncology ends in death and a person can die at a young age. Illness brings physical torment and mental suffering, and the pathological process cannot always be stopped. Therefore, it is important to explain to the young child why smoking is harmful.
The harm of smoking to others
Giving up bad habits is not only good for your health, but also good for others. The harm from cigarette smoking is felt by bystanders and close relatives who must regularly come into contact with a heavy smoker. The nicotine in tobacco smoke causes an increase in heart rate, heart rhythm disturbances, coughs, and even severe asthma attacks. In the face of secondhand smoke, here are some things to pay particular attention to:
- risk of miscarriage (for smokers of pregnant women);
- reduced fertility;
- depressive state;
- redness, eye irritation;
- dry throat, sweat;
- coughing fits, choking;
- performance drop.
The harm of smoking is noticeable already after the first cigarette, as a sore throat, an unpleasant smell and dryness of the mucous membranes appear in the throat. This is only the beginning, in the future changes in the body can become irreversible. Here's what heavy smokers should pay particular attention to:
- increased concentration of fatty acids and cholesterol in the blood;
- increased risk of sudden death;
- development of cardiac ischemia in women;
- increased risk of atherosclerosis.
Statistics show that up to 3, 000 people of all ages die from passive smoking each year. If a child has smoking parents, approximately 2, 700 infants and first-year infants die from sudden death syndrome. As a result of extensive pathologies of the myocardium and cardiovascular system, up to 62, 000 people die every year. The collected facts are not comforting, therefore, before lighting another cigarette, it is important to always remember such shocking statistics.